Friday, November 16, 2012

Dangers of Diet everything aka Aspartame

I may be alone here, but my diet soda addiction has passed the realm of normal...it's "inject it into my face" worthy.

I've been drinking it since I was 13 because my parents constantly brought it home. They never opted for sugary drinks (funny that both of them are diabetic now) and in the 90s sugar free = what's the worst that could happen?

I was so bad that I was drinking three to four cans a day, easily. I finally kicked it down to one can a day, paired with a pack of Parliament lights, and I could take on the world.  ....my liver and pancreas must look like Gerber's baby food by this point.


Fun Fact from the article:


Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death. A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.


Aspartame also accounts for 75% of the fact I can't see over my boobs when I try to tie my Converse kicks.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx




Also check out the 8 Dangers of Diet Soda. Just in case that wasn't fun enough!


http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2011/12/01/8-dangers-of-diet-soda/

No comments:

Post a Comment